The Signature Bridge is an under construction cable-stayed bridge located on the Yamuna river in Delhi. The bridge is expected to be inaugurated by the first week of November 2018 with the aim to ease out the traffic pressure over the existing narrow and dilapidated old Wazirabad Bridge.
Here are some of the important facts related to the bridge –
1. The extension shares the weight of activity that the Wazirabad Bridge presently bears alone, as individuals travel to and from Delhi and Ghaziabad. Interfacing the Outer Ring Road on the Western Bank, with the Wazirabad Road on the Eastern Bank of the Yamuna, the extension will cut travel time by something like 30 minutes for workers going towards the Ghaziabad and Bhopura Border.
2. The bridge is 675 meters in length, 35.2 meters wide, and the blow-moulded steel arch, is 154 meters tall, around twofold the tallness of the Qutub Minar. It is the principal unbalanced link stayed connect in India.
3. The Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation is doing the improvement of the extension, and the legislature will create organizations and the travel industry, around it, as a feature of the venture.
4. Proposed in 2004, endorsed by the Delhi government in 2007, and with Deadline 1, set for 2010, the scaffold is long past due. The overhauled due date, 2013, was again pushed to 2015 when the AAP-drove government assumed control, and after that, it was pushed to 2017. In July 2017, the Delhi government raised Rs 100 crore for the development, and set a March 2018 due to date, before the October fifth due date was at long last set.
5. The task is costly—the underlying evaluated cost was Rs 887 crore, which went up to Rs 1,131 crore in 2013, and now remains at Rs 1,575 crore. The Delhi High Court counselled the Public Works Department and Delhi Tourism and Transport Development Corporation (DTTDC), for quarrelling about the development sum, and has given them a final proposal to guarantee the venture is over without a further increment in expenses.
6. The scaffold, as an undertaking, has been partitioned into two bundles. The principal involves eastern and western methodologies, and the primary link stayed extension will be associated with the methodologies. The development parts of the eastern methodology have a 1.8 km long dike, to an interface, the fundamental link stayed connect, with the negligible bund street, at the Khajuri Khas crossing point, in East Delhi.
7. The AAP government directed an airborne study and utilized automatons to discover a realignment for the flag free hallway, to associate the scaffold, to the DND flyaway, in South Delhi. This was the first-of-its-kind practicality venture, utilizing rambles.
8. The extension is good to go to unclog courses, similar to the one from Timarpur and ISBT to Khajuri Khas, and different courses among upper east and north Delhi.