Inspiration can come from many surprising rigs and to me it came through a pencil, yes the same one we used to hold during our childhood days.
Many of you may wonder, how can a pencil inspire? And to your surprise let me tell you through this small story.
There was a man who earned his living by making pencils and selling them in boxes to people. Just before he put each one into the box, the pencil maker took the pencil and spoke to it, There are 5 things you need to know before I send you out into the world he told each pencil-“Always remember them so that you can become the best pencil you can be”.
The pencil maker imparted his lessons so that the pencil understood and promised to remember. The pencil went into the box with purpose in its heart and into the world to make a difference.
These were the 5 things the pencil maker shared-
- You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone’s hand.
- You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become better.
- You will be able to correct mistakes you might make.
- On every surface you are used on, you must leave your work. No matter what the conditions are, you must continue to write.
- The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.
~Stay tuned for the life lessons behind…to be continued in the next article.
Follow your dreams, aspirations and aims; whatever they are. Run after your peace of mind, happiness. Everything else will simply spin into the right places.