The Supreme Court will hear Friday on the petition of CBI Director Alok Verma on Friday. Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi’s bench will hear the case. Alok Verma filed this petition against the Government’s decision to send him on leave for Wednesday. With this, an NGO Common Cause has filed a petition in this case on Thursday, which will be heard on Friday with the same matter.
Alok Verma has said in the petition that the CBI is expected to work as an independent and autonomous agency. Such situations can not be avoided when the direction of inquiry related to the people sitting in higher posts is not according to the wishes of the government. In recent days, cases came in which from the investigating officer to the joint director/director agreed to a specific action, but only the special director’s opinion was different.
- The CVC, the Center decided to remove me from the role of CBI Director overnight and decided to appoint a new man, which is illegal.
- This move of the government is against Section 4-B of the DSPE Act, which decides the year of the year to ensure the independence of the CBI Director.
- According to Section 4A of the DSPE Act, the appointment of the CBI Director will be made by the Prime Minister, Leader of the Opposition and the CJI. The approval of this committee is necessary for the transfer of the CBI Director in Section 4b (2). The order of the government violates it.
- Earlier, the Supreme Court has also talked about the release of the CBI from the government’s influence. This move by the government is clear that the CBI needs to be independent of the DOPT.
- I have complete faith in the officers of the institute (CBI), and such illegal interference is the morale of the officials.
- In some very sensitive cases, there was an opinion among all officers in the CBI regarding the action, the special director Rakesh Asthana had different opinions.
In addition to this petition, the petition has been filed in the NGO Common Cause Supreme Court seeking the transfer of Alok Verma on leave and monitoring of allegations against M Nageshwar Rao for an interim director and Rakesh Asthana, in the court, in which Rakesh Asthana And other corrupt officials have demanded SIT investigation.