Following is the list of Interview blunder made by professionals across the corporate world from MNCs to a young startup irrespective of the sectors of an economy.
1. Don’t ask candidates “what is your greatest weakness ?”. None of your business, really. Instead tell them what is yours, or rather what is your company biggest challenge.
2. Don’t ask “Why are you leaving your current company ?”, they are not leaving yet.
3. Don’t ask “Why we should hire you?” Instead, explain why they should join you.
4. Don’t ask “where do you see yourself in 5 years?”. Instead, explain where do you see your company in 6 months.
5. Don’t tell candidates “we will get back to you” if it is not your intention. It is better to be rejected outright than to be left hanging. Instead, give them advice on the resume or interview. Better yet, call someone in your company who may need this candidate.